The Master doesn’t talk, he acts.
When his work is done,
the people say, “Amazing:
we did it, all by ourselves!”
- Lao Tzu
Organizations & Affiliations
- Board Member, MIT Board of Chaplains
- Board Member, Vishwa Shanti Stupa (World Peace Pagoda), Sarnath, Varanasi, India.
- Editorial Committee & Board Member, Tengyur Translation Project, Columbia University.
- Founding Board of Trustees Member, The Arch-confraternity of Knights of St. Francis of Assisi.
- Trustee & Advisor, The National Shrine of St. Francis of Assisi, San Francisco, CA
- Board Member, The Prajnopaya Foundation Charitable Society, India.
- Board Member, Tibet House US
Advisory Board Memberships(s):
- Advisory Board, MasterCard Foundation
- Advisory Board, Freedom Center for Human Rights, Birmingham, Alabama
- Advisory Board, MIT Open Lab Ware, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, MA
- Project Advisor for Tsunami Safe(r) Houses in Sri Lanka, an award-winning collaboration between the Prajnopaya Foundation, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, & the Graduate School of Design at Harvard University: 2005. (http://senseable.mit.edu/tsunami-prajnopaya/)
- Project Advisor for Tuberculosis Treatment & Prevention Clinic, Bihar (India): a collaboration between MIT Public service Center, MIT IDEAS, and the Prajnopaya Foundation. Winner of 2007 Muhammad Yunus Innovation Challenge to Alleviate Poverty (in honor of Dr. Yunus, Winner of 2006 Nobel Peace Prize).
- Editorial Committee, New Religion Journal, a scholarly journal of the Museum of World Religions, Taipei, Taiwan
- Knight of the Order of Saint Francis of Assisi
- Member, Snowmass Inter-spiritual Dialogue, Snowmass, CO
- Visiting Professor, University of Hyderabad, India
- Field Supervisor, Harvard University, The Divinity School, Cambridge, MA
- Member, American Philosophical Association
- Member, American Academy of Religion
- Theta Alpha Kappa (Alpha Delta Nu Chapter), National Religion and Theology Honor Society
- Alpha Sigma Nu, National Jesuit Honor Society
- Phi Sigma Tau, International Honor Society in Philosophy
- Founding Member & Director of International Affairs, The Vishwa Shanti Stupa Society, New Delhi, India
- Advisory Board, World Peace Festival Berlin 2010
- Board of Directors, International Buddhist Film Festival 2008, Mexico
- Scholar in Residence, Harvard University, Cambridge, MA
- Adjunct Faculty, Namgyal Monastery Institute of Buddhist Studies, the North American Seat of His Holiness the Dalai Lama in Ithaca, NY